Wednesday, June 10, 2015

That's A Misty Eye'd Moment Fore Sure

College Golf's Elite Enjoy Time with Nicklaus at Muirfield

The highlight of the press conference was probably Elliott’s answer when I asked about his girlfriend and if they had any memorable matches on the golf course. He is dating Julia McQuilken, who won the women’s NAIA individual title for Dalton State, then Elliott followed up a week later and won the men’s NAIA title for Dalton State.

“The first time we met, we played golf at Dalton Golf and Country Club,” Elliott said.

“I hit my tee shot out there, she sticks her tee in the ground and starts teeing off from the tips. I’m like, ‘What are you doing? Why are you back here? It’s 7,000 yards.’ We finish nine holes. I shoot two under par, she shoots one under. I was like, I don’t know if I can date this girl!”

The room broke up in laughter and McQuilken, who was present in the audience, had a priceless surprised expression on her face. She apparently hadn’t heard that story told quite that way before.

“It was something really special for her to win and then for me to win,” Elliott said. “I had some big shoes to fill.”

(Golf.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment