Thursday, August 27, 2015

If You're New To The Game, Please Read This Carefully

The 10 most important unwritten rules of golf

Don't walk in another's putting line

Most golfers are cognizant of this etiquette. What most forget, or perhaps are unaware, is that this line extends past the hole. Give your playing partners five feet behind the cup when setting up to address your putt.

Mind the Shadow Monsters

Your cell phone could ring or tell me in detail about a proctology exam during my swing and I wouldn't blink. Yet if I see your shadow move during my address, I'll stare you down like Ron Swanson sizing up a Whole Foods. Keep still when others are hitting, and when you're on the greens, move so your shadow is not in another's line of sight.

Roar the "Fore!"

This isn't courtesy as much as safety precaution. Forget three-putts; you know what will really ruin an afternoon? A concussion.

Everyone, including pros, are guilty of hitting a wayward ball. That can be forgiven. What's indefensible is planting a Titleist in someone's dome because you forget to give them the heads-up, literally and figuratively.

(GolfDigest.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment