Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Longest Season Ticket Waiting List Ever

Ten years on the Packers' season-ticket waiting list ... 60,000 spots to go

On Sept. 9, 2006, when I stopped by Lambeau Field to do a story on the Green Bay Packers, I decided to take some time and formally put my name on the famous waiting list that was started some time shortly after the team first sold out in 1960.

I was told from the beginning that, in all honesty, I would not be able to get tickets in my lifetime, but at least I could observe the movement of the list over time.

There were 73,256 people ahead of me on the list that day, and each of them could claim four tickets when they reached the top.

It was a long way to go.

With the Packers as good as they are, and their consistent goal to stay in the league average in ticket prices, people weren't releasing their tickets any time soon.

If a season-ticket holder died, the tickets could be willed to their family. If there was a divorce, the Packers honor the divorce settlement.

(ESPN.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment