Monday, June 27, 2016

Finally, Someone Is Saying Something About This

How LED Daytime Running Lights And LCD Instruments Are Making You Less Safe


While I haven’t done a formal study, I’ve seen enough cars driving around like this for me to believe this is a genuine issue. Many cars now include automatic lights that would solve this if – and this is a huge if – drivers always kept the switch on AUTO. They very often don’t, because I’ve seen them.

As always, instead of cursing the darkness, I’m here to turn on some headlights, so I have a solution: we need a very big and obvious indicator to let people know lights are on. Something to replace that gut-level indicator of a whole dark dash when lights were off on old cars.

I’m thinking that little stupid light needs to turn into some big, full-instrument-cluster width bar-like indicator when lights are on. Something you can’t ignore or overlook. When the brights are on, it can get that standard blue bright icon on it, too, but whatever it is, it needs to be obvious and clear about what’s going on.

(Jalopnik.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment