Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Congrats To Her!

Dawn Braid named Coyotes skating coach


Becomes first female to get full-time coaching role in NHL

Dawn Braid became the first female to coach full-time in the NHL when she was hired as the skating coach for the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday.
"It's something that I've wanted to see happen," Braid said. "The fact that they respect what I do enough to name me as a full-time coach, or to name me as the first female coach in the NHL, I take a ton of pride in that. I've worked very hard for this opportunity. It's been going on for years and I just look forward to going even further with it."
Braid worked with the Coyotes as a part-time skating coach last season and previously worked as a consultant for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Anaheim Ducks, Buffalo Sabres and Calgary Flames.

"We feel that Dawn can provide a real competitive advantage for our team," Coyotes general manager John Chayka said. "The game is getting faster and it's all about skating.

(NHL.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment