Monday, June 5, 2017

An Interesting Perspective

What Kind of Idiot Mods His Car the Day He Gets It? A Smart One

The longer you wait to modify or upgrade your car, the more it costs. 

The sooner you upgrade your car, the longer you get to enjoy that upgrade. The longer you wait, the less time you will have with your new shift knob or your slick new wheels or that LS7 swap you've always promised you'd do for the '79 Chevette Scooter out in the barn. Time and again, I see people put upgrades on cars they've had for years, cars that they are going to sell or trade-in at some point in the near future. That's the worst way to do it. I speak from experience: I once put a $3,000 stereo system into my Nissan Frontier four and a half months before I traded it in. You can imagine how thrilled my installer was when I called him to come take all the stuff back out.

There's this great scene in Macbeth where the protagonist gets tired of his wife nagging him about some murders she needs him to get done and so he stands up and roars:
From this moment

The very firstlings of my heart shall be

The firstlings of my hand. And even now,

To crown my thoughts with acts, be it thought and done.

That's the attitude you need to bring to your new coilover suspension or your Hard Dog rollbar or your LeMans headlight kit. Let the firstlings of your trackday heart be the firstlings of the hand that holds your Visa Infinite card. Get your car done the way you want it now, so you can enjoy it for years to come

(Road&Track.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment