Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I Found This Interesting

We Talk To Jerry Seinfeld About Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, And Why He Loves MGs And Hates Lexuses

Jason (Jalopnik.com): Yeah, it would be good, actually. All right. One last thing since they’re going to kick me off soon: Is there a car you just always irrationally hated? One you just cannot deal with?

Jerry (Seinfeld): That’s funny, that’s a good question. Irrationally hated.

Jason: Yeah. No reason, it just irrationally gets to you.

Jerry: I think for some reason I am sorry to say a lot of Lexus products make me very upset and angry. I have a visceral reaction. I never liked the logo: An ‘L’ in a circle is just so offensively unbalanced.

Jason: Yeah, you’re right.

Jerry: Why would you put an L in a circle?

Jason: It just connects one side.

Jerry: It just so graphically offends me. And then the cars came out, the early cars like the LS 400, which is a great achievement in many ways, and was the beginning of the car as a living tomb that you could drive around in.

Even more than a Cadillac. Cadillac had an arrogance that I liked. And my dad always liked them, so I liked them. But Lexus just really perfected the idea of a coffin on wheels. Now I think they’re probably better than that. But the logo just makes me insane.

(Jalopnik.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment