Thursday, January 28, 2016

Did You Know - Andre The Giant Edition

Goliath's Fall: What You Never Knew About The Late Life And Career Of André The Giant

The WWE Hall of Fame was created solely to honor André the Giant.

Back in 1993, WWF had no particular plans for a Hall of Fame, but when André the Giant passed away, something truly special had to be done to honor the man who carried the company on his broad shoulders for years. The WWF Hall of Fame was hastily established and in its first year; André was its only inductee, because come on – there ain’t room on the ballot for anybody else when André is on there.

Obviously André never got to give an acceptance speech, but this quote seems like a good substitute, “I have had good fortune. I am grateful for my life. If I were to die tomorrow, I know I have eaten more good food, drunk more beer and fine wine, had more friends and seen more of the world than most men ever will.” Damn straight, boss.

Complete list (Yahoo.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment